From providing local employment and charity care to driving medical research and education, Prisma Health’s numbers reflect our commitment to a stronger, healthier South Carolina.
Prisma Health at a glance
- 2,947 licensed beds.
- 18 acute care and specialty hospitals.
- 21-county service area.
- 270 physician practices.
- 14,450 babies born.
- 26,825 inpatient and 66,050 outpatient surgeries.
- 28,974 team members (1,650 are employed physicians).
- 368,000 Virtual Care visits by video, phone and eVisit.
- 459,850 Emergency Department visits.
- 1.4 million unique patients treated across our networks.
- $968.8 million in estimated community benefit.
- $4.9 billion operating revenue.
- Two affiliated medical schools.
- Two clinically integrated networks with 4,850 doctors and other healthcare providers who manage 321,000 at-risk lives.
Fiscal year 2020 highlights and statistics report
Below are system-wide statistics for our clinical care, academics, facilities and other areas. Download our full report to view how these numbers break down between the Midlands and Upstate and other details.
- Community Outreach Programs Report
- Community Sponsorships
- Compliance Office
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Education and Research
- Insurance and Health Networks
- Prisma Health Leadership
- Prisma Health partners with Siemens Healthineers to innovate SC healthcare
- Supplier Information
- Verification Lookup Portal