Prisma Health offers COVID-19 testing at our primary care practices and drive-thru locations.
How to obtain a COVID test
If you are concerned you might have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, you can use one of the options below for advice and next steps:
Other community options for COVID-19 testing:
- Consult SC DHEC for a complete list of sites, which includes pharmacies, grocery stores and other retail shops.
- Consult your local pharmacy for an at-home COVID-19 test.
- Consult a private lab that offers COVID-19 testing.
Prisma Health drive-thru testing locations
- Columbia: 14 Richland Medical Park Dr. parking garage; open Monday–Friday, 7:30–11:30 a.m. and 5–7 p.m. (no order required) Closed Thursday, Nov. 25–Friday, Nov. 26 for Thanksgiving; open Saturday, Nov. 27, 8 a.m.–noon.
- Sumter: 216 N. Main St. (bank parking lot near Tuomey Hospital); open Monday–Friday, 9–11:30 a.m. and 2–5:30 p.m. (no order required) Open Wednesday, Nov. 24, 8 a.m.–2 p.m., and closed Thursday, Nov. 25–Friday, Nov. 26 for Thanksgiving
What to expect during and after your test
Please wear a mask and bring your health insurance care with you if you have one.
A Prisma Health team member will swab the inside of your nose to collect a sample. You can then return home to isolate until we contact you with your results. Turnaround time is approximately 24–48 hours.
If you have a MyChart account, your test results (negative or positive) will be available there, along with any instructions. If you do not have a MyChart account, you will receive a call with your test results. If you have questions about your results, please call 1-833-2PRISMA (277-4762), available 24/7.
What is the cost for a COVID-19 diagnostic test?
Learn more about testing cost here.