Prisma Health Richland Hospital Stroke Center
Expert physicians and advanced technology have earned the Stroke Center at Prisma Health Richland Hospital accreditation as an Advanced Certification Comprehensive Stroke Center from The Joint Commission. Time is critical when it comes to a stroke. Our team is on-site 24/7, with a multidisciplinary program of care and leading-edge approach for stroke patients.
Award-winning stroke care
Prisma Health Richland Hospital has been honored with the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus quality achievement award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus, recognizing our commitment to success and quality care.
- Our overall compliance with the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Quality measures is above 85%.
- Serious complication rates for symptomatic carotid endarterectomy and carotid arterial stenting are better than the national average.
- Serious complication rates for diagnostic angiograms are better than the national average.
The stroke team at Prisma Health is often referred to as the "Brain Attack Team." We are ready to treat victims of stroke and other abnormal vascularities of the brain 24/7.
We are experts in treating all types of strokes and related brain conditions, including:
- Ischemic stroke - reduced blood flow due to a blood clot.
- Hemorrhagic stroke - reduced blood supply due to a blood vessel bursting.
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA) - "mini-stroke".
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM).
- Cerebral aneurysm.
If you or someone with you experiences signs of a stroke, call 911 immediately.
For transfers, call 1-800-75 SHOCK (1-800-757-4625)