About Prisma Health
The largest, most comprehensive integrated healthcare system in South Carolina
We’re on a journey to transform the healthcare experience for our patients and their families. That’s why our team members are dedicated to living our purpose: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Prisma Health at a glance:
- 18 hospitals.
- 21-county service area.
- 1.2 million unique patients treated.
- More than 300 physician practice sites.
- 2,947 licensed beds (1,595 Upstate and 1,352 Midlands).
- 15,500 babies delivered.
- 31,500 inpatient and 71,500 outpatient surgeries.
- 30,211 total team members (employees and physicians).
- 527,000 Emergency Department visits.
- $4.3 billion total operating revenue.
- 22 telehealth programs.
- Two affiliated medical schools and two affiliated nursing schools.
- Two clinically integrated networks with 4,500+ providers.
Our locally owned, not-for-profit organization houses two 501(c)(3) foundations in the Midlands; the Upstate has two 501(c)(3) foundations along with a philanthropy department. Philanthropic efforts in fiscal year 2019 (FY19) totaled $20.6 million, thanks to more than 18,000 generous donors.
Prisma Health is supported by a network of physicians and advanced practice providers in the Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group and the Prisma Health Midlands Network. In the Upstate, these groups are called University Medical Group and the Prisma Health Upstate Network. As an academic health center, we train the next generation of physicians through 50 residency and fellowship programs affiliated with the University of South Carolina School of Medicine.