Prisma Health announces six additional COVID-19 community testing events for the week of July 20
GREENVILLE, SC—Prisma Health has announced six additional COVID-19 community testing events next week.
The community testing, primarily done in partnership with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and state agencies, will reach populations who may not otherwise have access to traditional testing or online virtual visits.
Testing is a priority for Prisma Health, especially providing access to communities that need it the most. Testing at this week’s sites will be provided 8 a.m.–noon.
- Tuesday, July 21, Clinton High School, 18132 SC-72E, Clinton.
- Friday–Saturday, July 24–25, Eastside High School, 1300 Brushy Creek Rd., Taylors.
- Tuesday, July 21, Chester High School, 1330 J.A. Cochran Bypass, Chester.
- Friday–Saturday, July 24–25, A.C. Flora High School, 100 Falcon Dr., Columbia.
Prisma Health officials also cautioned that the community testing sites are only intended for free community testing. Physician-ordered testing for patients who already have providers, have completed a Virtual Visit or need pre-surgical testing should take place at hospital-based testing sites as instructed by their providers.
Here is what community members should know about community testing sites:
- People will be tested for active COVID-19 infections.
- No one needs a doctor’s order.
- Testing will be given regardless of ability to pay.
- No appointment is needed.
- Spanish-speaking Prisma Health team members will be available at every site.
- All those taking part will be given masks when they arrive. They will also be asked to maintain social distancing.
- Test results should come back within four days.
- Everyone tested will receive follow-up information about test results – whether positive or negative – from providers at Prisma Health.
- Everyone will get tips on isolating at home if sick, caring for themselves and seeking more help if symptoms worsen.
For details of additional sites or to ensure that inclement weather hasn’t affected scheduled drive-through sites, visit PrismaHealth.org/Coronavirus.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.