Prisma Health partners with DHEC and community partners to offer near-daily testing opportunities June 8–13
GREENVILLE, SC—Prisma Health has announced near-daily COVID-19 community testing events throughout South Carolina June 8–13, including in Cayce, Columbia, Greenville, Laurens, Manning, Mauldin and Sumter.
The community testing, done in partnership with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and state agencies, will reach populations who may not otherwise have access to traditional testing or online virtual visits.
This week’s testing will also include Monday–Saturday testing at the Greenville Convention Center in partnership with DHEC, Prisma Health, Greenville County Emergency Response Team and the Upstate Healthcare Coalition.
Testing is a priority for Prisma Health, especially providing access to communities that need it the most.
Prisma Health and its partners will offer community screenings for COVID-19 at the following locations this week:
- Monday, June 8–Saturday, June 13, Greenville Convention Center
9 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday–Friday; 9 a.m.–2 p.m., Saturday
- Tuesday, June 9, Mauldin
10 a.m.–2 p.m., Mauldin Elementary School, 1194 Holland Rd., Simpsonville.
- Thursday, June 11, Laurens
10 a.m.–2 p.m., E.B. Morse Elementary School, 200 Parkview Dr., Laurens.
- Saturday, June 13, Greenville
10 a.m.–2 p.m., Duncan Chapel Elementary School, 210 Duncan Chapel Rd., Greenville.
- Wednesday, June 10, Manning
10 a.m.–6 p.m., Manning Junior High School, 1101 W.L. Hamilton Rd., Manning.
This event is in partnership with McLeod Health and Prisma Health. Please note extended time.
- Thursday, June 11, Sumter
10 a.m.–2 p.m., Calvary Church of the Nazarene, 4235 Nazarene Church Rd., Sumter.
- Saturday, June 13, Cayce
10 a.m.–2 p.m., Cayce Elementary School, 515 Bulldog Blvd., Cayce.
Here is what community members should know about testing sites:
- People will be tested for active COVID-19 infections.
- No one needs a doctor’s order.
- Testing will be given regardless of ability to pay.
- No appointment is needed.
- Spanish-speaking Prisma Health team members will be available at every site.
- All those taking part will be given masks when they arrive. They will also be asked to maintain social distancing.
- Test results should come back within four days.
- Everyone tested will receive follow-up information about testresults – whether positive or negative – from providers at Prisma Health.
- Everyone will get tips on isolating at home if sick, caring forthemselves and seeking more help if symptoms worsen.
Additional sites are expected to be announced in the weeks to come. For details, visit PrismaHealth.org/Coronavirus.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.