Committed to serving the community
At Prisma Health, our team of athletic trainers collaborates with physicians in the prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
Working to prevent injuries
Our athletic trainers can be found in middle and high schools across the Midlands and Upstate in addition to local and regional colleges. We are responsible for approximately 38,000 student athletes at all divisional levels within the South Carolina High School League and many of the institutions within the South Carolina Independent School Association.
We are proud to partner with the student-athletes at the following institutions.
Certified Athletic Training Residency Program
The Certified Athletic Training Residency Program at Prisma Health is designed to help athletic trainers expand their knowledge and diagnosis skills in musculoskeletal evaluation.
- Athletic Training
- Bone Health
- Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
- Hand and Upper Extremity Orthopedics
- Joint Replacement
- Foot and ankle surgery enables referee to participate in the Olympics
- Robotic joint replacement: A surgeon's journey
- Orthopedic Oncology
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Prisma Health Orthopedics Wellness
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Trauma and Fracture Surgery