Experience better cardiac surgery results
As part of our comprehensive cardiovascular care, Prisma Health offers a wide range of innovative cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgical procedures.
Our surgeons have decades of experience helping patients of all ages manage conditions such as:
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart valve disorders
- Irregular heartbeat
- Congenital heart disease
Nationally ranked cardiac surgery expertise
Our surgeons pioneered some of the latest approaches, such as minimally invasive mitral valve repair and intravascular ultrasounds. They take a team approach to ensure the best possible results. For example, Prisma Health doctors in critical care, endocrinology or sleep medicine consult with our surgeons before and after your procedure.
These are just a few of the reasons Prisma Health consistently performs better than the national average (according to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons) and is rated in the top 10 percent for quality by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid.
We also earned the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Gold Plus and are named among the nation’s top 50 heart programs by U.S. News and World Report. Our high quality is also why we serve as the state’s only teaching site for vascular medicine fellowships.
Offering a range of advanced procedures
Whenever possible, our surgeons take a minimally invasive approach to help you avoid open surgery. You’ll experience the same outcomes – with less discomfort and faster recovery.
- CardioMEMS™ device – remote heart failure monitoring
- Congenital cardiac surgery for adults
- Endovascular surgery
- MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Mitral valve replacement
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Thoracic (chest) surgery
- Ventricular assist devices (LVAD, RVAD)
- Ventricular restoration for cardiomyopathy
- Watchman™ implant for atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery (Otolaryngology)
- Endocrine Surgery
- Endovascular Surgery
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Prisma Health Transplant Center
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Weight Loss (Bariatric) Surgery