Three-times-a-week stationary free community-based coronavirus testing site in Midlands moves to new location
COLUMBIA, SC—Prisma Health–Midlands has moved its free community-based stationary COVID-19 community testing site to a new location. The testing now is being is held every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday in October, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. at Columbia Place Mall, 7201 Two Notch Rd., Columbia. Community members who would like to be tested should drive to the closed Sears store automotive entrance.
The community testing, primarily done in partnership with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and state agencies, is intended to make testing accessible, affordable and convenient.
Here is what community members should know about community testing sites:
- All those who think they might have COVID-19 will be tested.
- No one needs a doctor’s order at community sites. (Physician-ordered testing is done at Prisma Health’s hospital-based testing sites.)
- Testing will be given regardless of ability to pay.
- All testing will be finished by 2 p.m.; organizers suggest arriving early to secure your place in the testing line.
- Spanish-speaking Prisma Health team members will be available at every site.
- All those taking part will be given masks when they arrive. They will also be asked to maintain social distancing.
- Test results should come back within four days.
- Everyone tested will receive follow-up information about test results – whether positive or negative – from providers at Prisma Health.
- Everyone will get tips on isolating at home if sick, caring for themselves and seeking more help if symptoms worsen.
For more information on Prisma Health’s COVID-19 outreach, visit PrismaHealth.org/Coronavirus. For more information on COVID-19 testing in S.C., visit SCDHEC.gov/COVID19MobileClinics or SCDHEC.gov/COVID19Testing.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,947 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.